This course builds on the skills learned in the Swiftwater and Flood Rescue Technician (SRT), taking the students beyond the emphasis on self-rescue to concentrate on victim rescue. Students are exposed to more complex water rescue situations including a mock night river rescue scenario. The three day course includes 4-6 hours of classroom instruction, followed by two and one-half days of hands-on skill development.
Students are introduced to the role and utilization of various skills in river and flood rescue, including:
- rope systems
- management of litter & patient raising systems
- highline systems
- advanced river search concepts
- performing rescues at night or in low visibility
- and basic flood disaster management
- Minimum Age: 18
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician (SRT)
- Rope Rescue Operator (RRO) or Technicial Rope Rescue Technician - see note below
Note: Certain equivalent rope courses may be accepted. Please contact your instructor, regional director or Rescue 3 corporate office for more information about what equivalents are accepted in your area. Please note: not all regions allow equivalent courses. Also, students who attend with equivalent certifications but do not have sufficient knowledge to complete course requirements may not receive certification.